26. Cats; They snuggle up and give you something soft to pet.
27. Sleepovers; our ten year old had a friend spend the night last night, and it was precious to overhear there talk time about the details of Harry Potter and other creative stories.
28. My wedding rings; they sparkle in the lamp light.
29. Bills paid; we have had more bills roll in than usual, but we have found the money to be there in small amounts and short term payment plans that work for us.
30. Arbonne training today; a chance to interact with other women and make a business plan while in yoga pants!
Dear God, You are the Master Designer of our lives. Forgive me when I try to design my own way. Give me the hope, grace, and love to make the journey with You. Thank you for all of the blessings above and so much more. Amen.
Ephesians 2:8-9[Full Chapter] For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
21. My job as a speech therapist at a private school for children with special needs; I am serving Christ with my talents.
22. My role as a mother; I am serving Christ with the sacrifice of time, talent, and love poured out.
23. My role as a wife; I am pouring out service and love toward my spouse.
24. My role as a daughter and sister; I am serving my mom and dad as they age in ways that they need by sacrifice of my time, and I’m calling my sister just to check in and share.
25. My role as a friend; I’m walk talking my way to share and to receive the blessings of friendships.
Dear God, You are the model of sacrifice in that you came down as Christ to walk among us and to die for us. Forgive me when I forget that this life will be hard and it will be filled with your presence. Give me a sacrificial spirit and heart that flows out of love for you. Thank you for your Holy Spirit. I feel it. I give it. I love it. Amen.
17. A slight sweat–it means I live in a warm climate & have a warm home.
18. A cup of vanilla chai tea in a floral tea cup from my father in law–small cup of delight.
19. Devotional flip calendars–they bring me a snippet of faith stories/scripture.
20. Gel pens–they are beautiful!
As I wake this morning I reflect on the blessings/gift in my life. I start with a thankful heart. I wake in the quiet predawn hours, and I rejoice in the time just for me. What time do you wake? What do you do with your morning hours? I’m thankful I don’t have to be in a rush, but instead I have plenty of time to do whatever I want to do.
What gifts do you have that deserve thanksgiving to the Father?
Dear God, You are gift Giver. Forgive me when I use time unwisely. Give me eyes to see what you have laid out for me so that I use my time with wisdom and grace. Thank you for this day. Amen.
Numbers 18:29 Out of all the gifts to you, you shall present every contribution due to the Lord; from each its best part is to be dedicated.’
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30, ESV)
11. Personal Development with great books!
12. Exercise opportunities (a great yoga studio & friends to walk with)
13. Smoothies (healthy eating to develop a healthy habit of eating less)
14. Meditation/Prayer (praying/meditating on gifts before I get out of bed)
15. Attending Doctor Appointments (developing health)
He must increase in my heart to fully make me develop into the best person possible. I must decrease my egocentric nature and increase my shining light of Life in Him.
Dear God, You are Bigger than me. Forgive me when I make myself bigger than my faith in God. I thank you for being a big God and believing in me. Give me grace, hope, peace, patience, and love to be a part of the Light of your loving kindness.
Today I continue to count 1000 gifts. This will take awhile. Do you count your blessings or have a gratitude journal? It seems to be a trending topic. I’d like to catalog my gifts here on the blog. It is a space to record my feelings too.
You are the Gift Giver.
Forgive me when I forget my gifts or don’t acknowledge them.
16-18 So, my very dear friends, don’t get thrown off course. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven. The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle. He brought us to life using the true Word, showing us off as the crown of all his creatures.
The gifts are rivers of light cascading down from the Father of Light. I love this. I can imagine it in my mind’s eye. Our gifts are flooding downward from Him.
I’m going to start counting my blessings/gifts again. Starting today; one thousand reasons to celebrate Him. He is giving us something daily. We need only to open our eyes and souls to His many gifts.
The beautiful bright pink Hibiscus blooms on a plant we thought wouldn’t bloom ever again.
A planner with colorful events upcoming this month.
Sparkly gel pens that highlight events on the calendar and verses/key words in the Message Bible.
For a tree there is always hope. Chop it down and it still has a chance— its roots can put out fresh sprouts. Even if its roots are old and gnarled, its stump long dormant, At the first whiff of water it comes to life, buds and grows like a sapling.
Job 14, The Message Bible
This verse reminds me that when I’m in tree pose in yoga, I am displaying hope.
The hope that I don’t fall over.
The hope that my gaze remains steady.
The hope that no one is watching me in class.
I am my own tree. I am firmly rooted to the ground.
For a tree there is always hope.
Like a tree, we too can get chopped down by others or ourselves.
Yet, fresh sprouts can bud from a stalk.
We need sunlight and water.
We grow when the Holy Spirit offers our souls water.