I’m catching up on the “Joy Dare” from Ann Voskamp that I posted about early in Dec. Today I have Dec. 15-17 to do:
A gift gold, scented, bent low
Gold, my Tory Burch sandals that I have been wanting and waiting for…we opened our family gifts last night. I wore them all night, and I plan to wear them many days ahead. Thank you Daniel! A scented gift was the rosemary plant at my mom’s and dad’s house that sat on their coffee table in the front room…ahhh…what a great smell that was. A gift bent low would be my mom picking up the wrapping and boxes that were left from our gift giving…she is constantly cleaning and helping. A true servant’s heart, she has been doing this for years and still does it. Thank you mom for all the little things you do, and we forget to say thanks.
3 Gifts Bethlehem-unlikely:
1. A stable…a simple and stinky place that became the place our Savior was born. It proves we do not always have a choice as to how the Spirit of God will enter in. It can happen any where.
2. Young parents…you would think an established couple that was married and ready for kids would have been picked to be the parents of Jesus. Instead a young couple of meager means was selected to be the ones to raise this special child. We still have young parents today that may feel unprepared for what lies ahead, but God goes with us.
3. Animals were present at the Lord’s birth. We still have pets and wild animals that surround us. God planned for their presences, and we should rejoice in the fact that we have them in our world. I am thankful for our cat and the wild life that we see daily.
3 Gifts frosted:
This one is tricky in Florida again…I’ll have to go with fake frosting/glitter…
1. Frosted Flakes are delicious and we enjoyed some for snack yesterday. We live in a country with so many conveniences, and boxed cereal is one that I especially am grateful for. We have numerous boxes in our pantry, and we are lucky compared to many families in countries who have never tasted such a luxury.
2. Frosted cakes…we enjoyed a Publix cake last night at our Christmas dinner thanks to my mom. She is always sure to have a dessert or two or three on hand! We are also blessed to taste sweet treats…daily.
3. Frosted mirrors (with steam)…I had to stretch a bit on this one. Again, we do not have real frost in Florida often. This winter it has been pretty warm. I had a nice long shower yesterday, and the mirror in our bathroom was frosted with steam. Hot water is another luxury I’m thankful for. Our water is fresh and hot. Many people in our world would dream of such a bathroom.
When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”